How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cake Testing

Gosh, this was so long ago!! Well, it was probably a month or so ago now--well, probably closer to 2 months. All I know is that it was at the beginning of the summer. We have the most fabulous baker for our wedding cakes ever. Let me just tell you that in all the preparation that I made for the wedding I thought that we would have vendors that have nigh volume--and it's turned out to be quite the opposite. We have found vendors that are very personable and just pure awesomeness. Seriously.

Anyway, we met with Michelle of Michelle's Elegant Cakes (although, word on the street is that they are changing their name soon) and her daughter to taste 2 flavors of cakes for the wedding. We tried Swiss Butter Cake (which is a bridal favorite) and Strawberry Delight. OMG. They were amazingly, sinfully delicious. We won't announce our decisions in flavors on here because we want it to be a surprise for all our guests, but I do have to say that everyone should be prepared to be pleasantly surprised :) Michelle and her daughter (who is 17) will be making our cakes. Michelle has been in the business for 20-years or so and grew up watching and helping her mother make cakes and her business is a family business. Very small volume and we didn't meet with any other cake vendors/bakers after meeting with her because we new that she was the one.

After meeting with Michelle, we got to take home the two small cakes that we sampled (yummy!).


Michelle and her daughter will be making our bridal cake (it's going to be yummy!!) and the groom's cake. Jake and I are both super excited to see how they turn out!! I honestly can't wait to see it in person on our wedding day because the wedding cake design I've picked out has some pretty intricate designs and is my dream cake. Jake's cake definitely fits him and definitely has a theme going ;-)

Now. Onto this weekend.

Jake has been working a lot. Well, for the past several weeks he's been working almost every Saturday and for the past 2 weeks or so he's been staying late at work. Which sucks for me because I'm not working at the moment and by the time 5/6pm rolls around, I'm ready for him to be home so that I have someone to talk to other than the cats and the dog. I've been getting pretty lonely. Anyway, so he's been working late so I decided that today we would spend all day together doing whatever. Well, we're taking a class at the church called b4ido in the morning (yes, more marriage prep stuff--we talk about, in depth, all thing marriage related. We both think it's awesome!!) so we went to that and then went and got lunch at Panera Bread. Then, we just did some running around/shopping. We were hoping that Verizon would give us early upgrades (I mean, we've been customers forever and I'm seriously a month away from my upgrade) but they said no and so we just looked at all the cool phones (and dreamed about having them, lol!). But the important thing is, we spent the day together--and it was a good day! I've been missing him like crazy since he's been working all these hours, but I'm sure it'll stay that way until I can find a job. I've definitely found myself a good man :) Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest I'll hear more about the job that I interviewed for about a week and a half ago. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying like crazy that I get the job. It would take some stress off of Jake--a lot off of him actually.

So. No updates that are too big. We lead a rather uninteresting life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...