How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Change of Heart

Oh! It's not what you think!! Jake and I are doing just fine :) Actually, we're doing great!! It's just that originally I thought that I would blog my experiences while planning our wedding and it just hasn't happened that way. Plus, I want everything to be a surprise for everyone that comes to the wedding :) After the wedding I'll post details of the day... but you'll have to wait 9-months for that. Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to sort of use the blog now to write about things that Jake and I are up to since we're so far away from all our family members and many of our friends. It gives everyone a little glimpse into our world and will help family and friends feel like they are actively engaging in our lives.

Jake's work is getting ready to completely change the schedule and way the shop is run. He'll be going to a 4-day work week, working 10-hours per day. This is a good thing and a bad thing. He'll get a day during the week to relax and do any dentist, doctors, etc. appointments. But it also means that he could lose his team-leader position and go back to just being a regular technician. :-/ We're very anxious to see what happens. It could of course, go the other way, and he could go up a step (the name of the position is escaping me right now) in position and we're praying and hoping that he gets that position. He would be in a managerial position and would be putting down his tools for awhile. He may occasiionally work on a car still, but he would more or less be running a team and dealing with customers. Which I know that he would be awesome at :) He's such a people person!!

I had a job interview (finally!!) on Wednesday. I think that it went well and am praying and hoping and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I get the job. It's not exactly what I want to be doing for the rest of my life, but it's experience and a job and I'm actually super excited at the prospect of finally being in the social work field and working. I'd ultimately be working in Foster Care. The commute would be horrendous since it would be in the south part of Atlanta near the airport but the commute is worth a job. This is a chance for me to stretch my social work legs and really get my feet wet in the field. Eventually I'll be taking my LCSW exam and will be able to be a clinical social worker working in the private practice field doing therapy :)

I still haven't forgotten about my entry about the marriage prep class and the meeting with the baker. Like I said, they both deserve their own entry!! Let me just say that we felt amazing after both :) The marriage prep class got both of us even more super excited for marriage and how we want to proceed in terms of life and religion. We have been going to church and even though we weren't raised on strong religious upbrinings we feel like we have found a church that we want to belong to. We also are both on the road to welcoming God into our lives as well as our relationship. It's such an amazing feeling. Anyway, enough with all of that. It's such a personal decision and relationship that I don't want it to seem like I am "preaching" or pushing. We're just excited to be at this part of our lives with the wedding, our relationship, and with all the doors that are opening for us right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...