How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just another day

Not too much exciting to post.

I'm driving up to North Carolina tomorrow to pick up my little brother (well, he's not so little anymore, he's 18 now) because he's going to come and stay/live with us for awhile. His life in NC has sort of spiraled out of control and he needs to get out of that environment before something really bad happens. I'm not saying this as a bad thing or that he's getting into trouble or anything along those lines--he's just picked some really unfavorable friends and it's starting to catch up to him. Anyway, I'm making the drive by myself tomorrow and will come back with Jason on Friday morning. I'll feel about 110% better when he is out of NC and with us...

I've started working out again. I'm on Day 3 of working out and logging all my foods at www.sparkpeople.com. I know that Jake loves me just the way I am, but I want to be able to love myself too. And right now, since I've let myself go and gain so much weight, I'm just at a place where I don't like myself. So, I'm not only working at a positive self image but also on being more healthy. It's a good thing and I'm going to stick with it. Now I just need a job... then everything would be 100% great!

Today I bought our first crockpot. Yes, I am excited about this :) This means that I will be able to make stews and soups and all sorts of yummy stuff without too much hassle at dinner time. If you are the cook in your household, you understand my pain. All the cutting and chopping and cooking and preparing all wrapped up into one bowl of goodness. Easy!! Simplicity at it's best. The reason why I bought it was because Jake and I had to switch from the 2-person meals at www.e-mealz.com to the 4-person/family meal plans (because Jason is coming to stay with us) and once a week they do a crockpot dinner. I could have just prepared something myself on those days but we've wanted a crockpot for awhile and this was the perfect excuse ;-) Anyway, it was an exciting purchase and I can't wait to use it for the first time!! Actually, as I was waiting in line I was thinking that Sunday's would be the perfect day for a crockpot dinner since we can start it in the morning and go to church and then let it cook all day and be lazy and still have a yummy dinner with little to no work. Yes! That's a great idea.

Anyway, other than that, I surprised Jake with Chipotle for dinner tonight at work. He let me know he was staying late and so I got us some dinner and called him when I got to the shop and told him to come outside... he was a very happy man!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...