How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Friday, October 8, 2010

7-month mark!!

Can you believe it? Our wedding date is officially 7-months away. That's one more than half a year!! (Obviously!)

I can remember when we got engaged and were trying to figure out a date... we wanted enough time to plan and pay for it but didn't want it to be too long away. By the time we get married next May, we'll have been engaged for 20-months. And it's flown by... which is what I'm trying to say in so many words. It felt like just yesterday was the 1-year mark and now, here we are, down to the 7-month mark.



It would make more sense to be all excited about the 6-month mark (and next month, I probably will be) but I'm super excited because I can't wait to marry my high school sweetheart, the love of my life, my soulmate (okay, okay, enough with that. I'm sure you all are on the other side of the blog gagging). But in all seriousness, I really can't wait to marry Jake. In the last 5-months we have done a lot of soul searching and growing as a couple and it has made me even more excited to go into uncharted territory with Jake. Not that we aren't practically living as a married couple already, but, it'll be new and we have prepared ourselves with so much knowledge and an even stronger foundation than we had before for our marriage. If this was war, we'd be going into it full equipped and with heavy arsenal. (Okay, that was a bad joke...) Seriously though, our marriage prep class, this group we are taking at the church currently (b4ido) and some pre-marital therapy has really strengthened our relationship and helped us build a strong foundation. Oh, and don't forget about searching for God in our lives and our relationship and letting Him be a part of our lives and relationship.

I swear, I almost feel all grown up now.

Anyway, my mom is currently on her way to Georgia to spend the weekend with us for a really big reason. I am going wedding dress shopping tomorrow!!!!! I wanted my mom to be there for the first time I go so I put it off until now (well, that and I wanted to lose weight--which, ummm, yea... I have no excuses but I can think of 5 off the top of my head. [I haven't, if you are wondering.]). We'll be hitting up David's Bridal (of course), A Formal Occasion, and New Natalies. This is also why I'm super excited about the 7-month mark. I get to try on wedding dresses for the first time in my life. eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!!

Okay, seriously, my budget is significantly less than this, but it's a great cartoon :)


No other big news or anything exciting. I do want to take a moment to rave about e-mealz though!! o.m.g. Best investment that Jake and I have ever made!! Everything that I have cooked has been amazingly awesome <3 Seriously, I never knew I could cook food soooooooo yummy. It makes everything I cooked before look/taste bland and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...