How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I FOUND A JOB!!

Sooooooooooo, incredibly thrilled about finally finding a job. No, it's not social work related, I'm going to be a nanny/family helper for a local family. Although it's not exactly social work related, I do feel like managing and helping out a family is social work related, just not on the level that I want to be involved in social work. But you know what, I'm completely and utterly excited about this and about having a job again :) I haven't worked in 2-years and I'm ready for it (although, I do consider going to grad school full-time with an internship, graduate research assistant position and some student extra-curricular activities to be work).


Anyway, the children are 10 & 13-years old. I know, I know, why do they need a nanny? Well, because the parents are both professionals (lawyer and businessman) and need after-school care as well as help with errands, cooking the family dinner, light laundry and homework help. And of course, supervision of the children. I did want an 8-5 job and this job will keep me at work until 7:30pm or later, but Jake and I will just have to deal with that for now. Either he'll be eating alone (well, not really alone, he'll have Jason most nights probably) or wait until I get home and eat with me. We'll manage and it'll be okay. We'll probably just meet for lunches a lot during the week...

I'll be making very good money :) It's not like I'm just settling. And, the thing is, I don't feel like I'm settling at all. The family seems awesome and down-to-earth and nice and I'm at a point where I am sort of taking my hands off the steering wheel and let God lead me where he wants me to go. And right now, this is where He wants me to go. I'm committing a year to the family and will negotiate staying longer. Yes, my "professional" career is on hold for the moment, but I'm actually okay with that. I'm actually going to look into volunteering at The Center for Family Resources here in the area to keep up with experience in social work. So, it'll all work out in the long run!

AND, Jason got a job this week too at Subway!! He actually got the job on Thursday and started on Friday... yay for Jason's first ever job!!

Sooooo, things are looking up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...