How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Friday, November 19, 2010

Excuse me while I get excited for a moment

But Jake and I have a whole week of vacation next week :) :) :) Originally, I wasn't going to have the whole week off, the family I am nannying for was going to find me stuff to do (organizing stuff, I guess) but decided to give me the week off. What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?? Having a week of vacation time and having my fiance to myself for the week. It's much needed time together since our schedules are so out of whack right now--Jake's been working 13-ish hour days and I'm working in the afternoons and evenings and haven't really gotten home any earlier than 7:30/8pm each evening. It leaves very little time for quality time together. Sooooo, it'll be nice to have the week off together.

I'm also thankful for other things, but I'll post those on (or around) Thanksgiving. You must wait for those :P

Anyway, I don't have a whole lot more to write about... I'm excited about holding Thanksgiving at my apartment this year and actually planning a menu. [If anyone has good side-dishes or other Thanksgiving dishes to share, please do so!! I am open for suggestions and making changes to my menu. Looking for yummy things to make!!] The next couples days will consist of getting things ready for family to come into town--grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.

Oh! I'm also excited to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sometime in the next week!! I know, that makes me a major dork, but I don't care. I loved the books and I'm super excited to see how things are going to come to an end. It's also a super sad thing because it means that after next summer there will be no more HP movies to look forward to :-/ Although, I'll have one more Twilight Saga movie to look forward to, but then I'll have to find something else to follow. Or not. Anyway, Jake and I are going to go to the IMAX theater in the area to see it--and not just the IMAX at the local AMC, we are going to the Mall of Georgia to see it in the actual huge-screen IMAX :) :) :) I'm sort of dragging Jake along to it--he just wants to see it at the AMC IMAX, but I want to see it on the huge-screen. Okay, I know, that makes me even more dorky. ::shrugs:: It is what it is :P I guess it would be too much to say that I am re-reading the books...

I'm also going to say that I am excited to announce that Jake and I are going to get a new Christmas tree this year :D I'm super thrilled about this since we've been using our "Charlie Brown" Christmas Tree for the last 5-ish years and we want to upgrade to a fuller, nicer tree ... with lights already on it. We love the tree that we already have and it's really served us good the past couple years, but it's time for a nicer tree. Well, we think so anyway. Tradition in my family is that we put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving, so I'll post pictures then. A picture update is long overdue since I haven't done one in awhile. We may go out shopping on Black Friday this year, but it's pretty doubtful. We were planning on going, but we're tight on money this month due to unforeseen financial stuff, so we probably won't go. Unless there is a great deal on something that we want.

Anyway. I'm exhausted and need some sleep before I pass out here on the couch and my laptop. It was a LONG week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...