How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy [Belated] Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a success in the home of Liz and Jake :) It was the first year that I really cooked everything on my own and everything turned out delicious. I prepped everything Wednesday so that on Thursday when I woke up I would just have the make the first batch of stuffing without having to cut everything and put the turkey in with enough time to have Jake be able to eat dinner with us before leaving for Michigan. And, Jake did get to eat dinner with us before leaving :) Which was my goal!

Anyway, our menu consisted of:

Turkey
Ham
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Green Beans with Almonds
Cranberry Sauce
Chips and homemade Chip Dip (Jake's mom's recipe!)
a beautiful Veggie Tray
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Vanilla Bean Ice-cream

It was a delicious dinner. Jake missed out on dessert because I had to get him to the airport, but it was yummy. We'll be eating leftovers until at least the end of this week!!

Jake is currently in Michigan with his family. This morning was the funeral and even though I wasn't there with Jake, I made sure that I said extra prayers for him and his family and said good-bye to Jake's grandma from here. I'm sure that it was very difficult for everyone and I can't wait for Jake to get home so that I can give him a big hug and kiss--that will be 2 days overdue!! Remember that card that I mentioned writing him in the last post. That I strategically placed in his clothes for the funeral today... he didn't even read it this morning while getting dressed. Actually, at the point that I am writing this tonight, I'm pretty sure that he still hasn't read it. :( :( :( This makes me a very sad panda because I intended for him to read it this morning to help him get through the day... Hopefully he'll read it tonight and it'll have the same effect, but I doubt it since I wrote it like he would be reading it this morning. :-/

Anyway, today my mom, Tara, Sunny (my friend and bridesmaid) and I went up to the dress shop to order the bridesmaids dresses. I am very glad to check another thing off the list. I also was able to finally order my dress :) It should be in by March!! I got to put the dress back on as well to show Tara and I still absolutely adore my dress. I had no doubts or anything about the dress, but I still want to go and put it back on and not take it off!! It's just as gorgeous as I remember and I can't wait to wear it on our wedding day and I can't wait for Jake to see it. We're coming up quickly on the 5-month mark and I feel like these last 5-months are going to fly by quickly... it's make me feel a bit overwhelmed but I'm trying not to let it get to me. Completely excited and ready for this step in our lives :)

So. Enough for tonight. I'm going to go and enjoy the last evening I have with Tara in town. Mom is already sleeping...

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...