How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Insert Clever Title Here...

I meant to update on Monday because it was the 6-month mark until the wedding. I mean, OMG, can you believe it?! We're finally getting married!! I has a momentary mini anxiety episode on Monday (I don't want to say attack, because it wasn't that, just, anxious) about the wedding because it's getting sooooooo close and I feel like I haven't done anything in so many months that I'm going to have to rush to get it all done. The reality of it is that I have plenty of time but as it gets closer I get excited and nervous and anxious. I fear that as the day gets closer I am going to have a nice little bundle of excited-nervous-anxious butterflies constantly floating around in my stomach.

Anyway, half a year until the wedding [well, now a little less]. I can't believe how time has flown by!!

In other news, Jake and I started a new bible study at the church called The UNION. It's for newly wed couples and engaged couples and basically all-things marriage related are discussed. I know, maybe we're overdoing it with all the marriage "prep" stuff, but honestly, it's made our relationship grow sooooooooo much. And when we're doing something like this together, I feel like we're unstoppable. I think that Jake feels the same way [I wish I could get him to chime in sometimes too... he has access to the blog...]. We're also taking steps to become members of the church. Yea, wow! Never thought that I would say that. But it's great and it makes me feel good to be a part of something :) Last Sunday we had lunch with the Family Minister and his wife and then we went to a VIP dinner for visitors to the church that have expressed an interest in church membership. This Sunday we will go to a meeting about how to become a member.

Jake and I are trying to get used to us both working. It sucks because I haven't been getting home any earlier than 7:30pm (mostly after 8pm) and Jake has been working extra long hours with this new 4-day workweek thing that they have going on. He's supposed to only work four 10-hour days, but he's been working 13-14 hours per day and also going in on a lot of his days off. It's a huge adjustment because we hardly see each other anymore. I hate that we are down to one car right now but it's also a bit of a God-send because I've had to get up in the morning [might I add the butt-crack of dawn time of morning] to drive Jake to work so that I can get to my job. It's a God-send because commuting gives us some extra time together in the day that we wouldn't have if we had the 2 cars. Well, we still have 2 cars, Jake's little 1985 BMW is out of commission at the moment... Yea, that car is as old as me.

So. That's life for us right now in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...