How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh how time flies when you are having fun

Did you know that Jake and I are are coming up to our 8-year dating anniversary?! Yea, I know. It's crazy. On December 8th, we are celebrating 8-years of being together. But it's also the 5-month mark until the wedding. Seriously, where has the time gone?? It's flying by!! Getting down to the nitty gritty with wedding planning now... I've been slowly buying my accessories for the big day and Jake needs to go in to order his suit and get information for his groomsmen. I can't believe in 5-months we will finally be husband and wife :) I am incredibly excited for our big day!!

Anyway, the apartment is empty right now. I drove Tara to the airport this morning and Mom left the same time as us. Jason is at work. And, I'm lonely. Okay, not completely lonely, I'm sort of enjoying having the apartment to myself--it's been awhile but after having everyone here all week, it's quiet and lonely. I have slowly been cleaning up and getting things back in order from the weekend. I've got to dust and vacuum and start some laundry... can I tell you how much I hate cleaning?? When I am making more money, I am hiring a maid to come in and clean our home every other week or so. lol.

I realized last night that I will be picking Jake up at the airport in the ATL morning rush hour. Joyous. That was poor planning on my part... I'll be going with traffic into and through the city to get to the airport. Hopefully by the time we have to go back through the city to come home, it won't be bad. If anyone has ever driven in or through ATL during either morning or evening rush hour, then you know that we have some of the worst traffic in the United States. Seriously. It's one of the reasons why I can't completely commit my heart to Georgia. It's awful. Plus, my heart will always be with Chicago... Anyway, at least I don't have to leave the apartment until 8:30-ish to go to the airport to get Jake and hopefully the traffic won't be as thick, but I doubt it. We'll see.

I should stop procrastinating now and get with the cleaning. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...