How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Hello 2011.

We all know what 2011 means -- the wedding. And oh boy, we are excited. We're 27 days away from being out of the 100s and into double digits. Scary!! I'm starting to freak out about all the things that need to be done!!

Anyway, let's do a recap of all the good things that happened in 2010, shall we??

  • I graduated with my MSW degree in May. After 2 long and stressful years, it was worth it!
  • Jake got a promotion at work!!
  • We set a date for the wedding <3
  • Jake and I started going to church and love what it has done for our lives and relationship. God is good :)
  • I finally found a job in September/October. It's not in Social Work, but it's a job :) And, as a nanny, I sort of do social worker-y things anyway.
  • Paying off some debt -- always a good thing. Still getting there, but we've made a dent.
  • I turned a quarter of a century years old young. I just like the way that sounds :) And age doesn't bother me, it's just a number.
  •  Jake and I didn't move this year :) Yea, we've moved every year since 2005. Moving is insane and we didn't want to do it again. Next year we are hoping to rent a house so, we'll be moving again :P
That is all I can think about right now. Compared to 2009, 2010 was a good year. Lots of changes and beginnings. There were some rough patches, but that is life right? The good thing about the rough patches is being able to pick yourself up and dust yourself off, reflect and learn from those patches and move on. Keep on moving ahead. Life will always throw curve balls at you at various points in your life--you just have to learn how to either dodge them (which I don't suggest because then you miss important learning experiences) or you plant your feet to the ground and catch the curve balls and throw them back and keep on moving. What I mean is: learn from the curve balls. Take the experiences and move on. There is no reason to regret anything -- then you are living in the past and you can't move forward.

Yea. I'm rambling on. Somewhere in there is a good lesson. I think.

Well, Happy New Year's Eve. Celebrate and have a good time and be safe!

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...