How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Thursday, December 2, 2010

What a wonderful welcome to December

We welcomed December with a case of either food poisoning or the stomach flu--either way, Jake was one miserable individual yesterday. So far Jason and I are good, but if we are going to get it, we're going to get it. I slept on the couch last night to help prevent getting whatever stomach bug Jake has and went around this morning with disinfectant rubbing down all the door knobs, light switches, remotes, keyboards and faucets. Luckily Jake is a champ and isn't offended at all. He's a good sport :) AND, I've taken up washing my hands like crazy. If it was the regular flu, I'd still be doing all this but would care a little bit less if I caught it from him--the stomach flu on the other hand, I don't want to get. I hate being that kind of sick. Jake seems to be doing better today--he's sounding better and isn't running a low grade fever like he was yesterday and he hasn't been sick since late yesterday afternoon and is keeping down bland foods, so I think we're good. We had to take him to the doc this AM so that he could get a doctors note for missing work today--yesterday he still was on bereavement leave, but today he was due back to work. Poor guy. He feels horrible for missing 2-weeks of work. Technically too, he doesn't have to work tomorrow or Saturday... I have a feeling though that he may go into work tomorrow. We'll see.

It's not just the season of joy and happiness and giving for gifts and love and holiday cheer. It's the season of sharing illnesses of all sorts as well... here's to a healthy rest of the winter season for us and everyone else out there reading this. No one likes to be sick!!

Did I tell you that we put up our new tree? Did I tell you that we got a new tree? We thought it was time to upgrade from our Charlie Brown tree. We put it up before Jake left for MI for his grandma's funeral because I wanted to be able to do it with him. It is beautiful :) Normally I would have waited until the day after Thanksgiving to put it up, but since Jake was going to be out of town and I didn't want to wait to put it up (I like to enjoy the tree for as long as I possibly can), we put it up on Tuesday evening. It totally goes against my believe that all things Christmas should wait until The Turkey has it's day, but we had a good reason this year :) And it was nice to eat Thanksgiving with a Christmas tree up. It may be a new holiday tradition that Jake and I may have to keep up... putting up the tree a few days before Thanksgiving instead of the day after so that we can enjoy it at Thanksgiving time too.

Anyway, here is first our old tree and then our new tree:

























We even switched to white lights which was a little difficult for me as we've always had colored lights. But, I think that it looks beautiful and looks nice against the new bulbs we bought (from the Dollar Spot at Target!! Talk about bargain shopping!!). Anyway, it's a pleasant upgrade and we can't wait to have a bigger space to show off the tree. The new tree consisted of us moving the living room around completely (the pictures are from two different apartments...).

Anyway, I'm off of here. My sinuses are hurting today and being on the computer is giving me a bit of a headache this afternoon.

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...