How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking for Inspiration

I keep blogging hoping that inspiration will come to make the blog more interesting. Mainly I started the blog to keep my family and Jake's family updated about our life here in the ATL, but sometimes it would be nice to know that I have some followers as well. Not everyone wants to read about our lives though. I mean, we're pretty laid back people who like to spend our weekends watching movies and playing video games and we very rarely go on any sort of adventures (although, we should!). I keep hoping that an artistic or creative bug will hit me as well and that I'll suddenly be into scrapbooking, knitting or sewing. Or maybe I'll figure out ways to save money. Or how to reuse things or make fun things. But, when I said goodbye to my childhood, I sort of said goodbye to my creativity as well. Not on purpose, mind you, but it happened. I got to busy growing up and being a teen and then a young adult and a college student to be creative. I know it still exists in there somewhere because every now and then I do something that completely amazes me--like, finding a way to make centerpieces for the wedding (yes, I scrapped my original idea). But even then, the idea isn't mine.

I hate scrapbooking, btw. Although, I'm sure I would be awesome at it.

I have tried to knit. And I just can't get my hands to work the needles correctly. It frustrated me and I have no urge to try and learn again.

I am not one to give out any sort of advice about money, at the moment. Or how to save money. I hate coupon clipping and spending time making a menu from the sales (hence why we subscribe to E-Meals).

I am at a loss of what else to do. I want to write but I haven't had inspiration for that either. :-/

Anyway...

I keep hoping that inspiration will hit. And it doesn't. Sad, I know. It's sort of like with my career life. When I put my hands up in the air this summer after searching for a job from May until September/October and let God lead me to where I should be, I landed a job. Granted, it wasn't a job that I was looking for or in social work, but it is a job. I am soooooooo grateful to have a job!!

Anyway, this is where I am in my life now. Waiting for inspiration for the blog and where my career life will take me next. I really want to get in the field, but for some reason, I feel like God is trying to tell me something and I just have to sit and listen to what He is saying to move forward. And, right now, I feel like I'm in the right place at the right time and He's talking to me too quietly for me to make any moves right now.

I know it will come to me soon. I just have to be patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...