How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Adventures

This has been a good weekend, but exhausting. Very busy. Jake worked yesterday and so we didn't get much time together this weekend which is always a major bummer. I did drive him to work yesterday though which meant that 1) we got to spend some time together despite him working; 2) I went to the gym early in the morning (normally I wouldn't make it to the gym on a Saturday!); and 3) I cleaned the apartment alone (bittersweet--I like having help to get it done but I also like to clean by myself because that means that everything is how I like it done).

Today was bible study and church. Then Jake and I went to lunch (subs at Publix--always yum!) and then we went up to Savvi Formalwear to get Jake and his groomsmen's suits all squared away. A wedding something checked off the list!! It always feels good to get things off the to-do list.

After our trip to Savvi/the mall, we ran some more errands and then came back home.

Jake wearing a cat bed on his head... sometimes he's a little strange :P
Can I mention how awesome the weather in Atlanta was today!? I'm sure all my friends and family from the north will be envious--but it was 68 here today. I'd say that is a great accomplishment for the end of January :) The closest park to us was completely packed--when we drove by there were people parked on the grass and in all sorts of weird places. People here in the south get very restless during the winter months.

Since the weather was so nice, Jake and I took Diesel for a nice walk around the neighborhood behind our apartment complex. It was nice to spend some good quality time together. Plus, I worked out 6 of 7 days this week since we went for that walk tonight. yay!!

Diesel is currently passed out from his walk. We're watching a movie and dreading Monday coming way too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...