How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Whoa. In 4 months we will be husband and wife...

Wholey moley!!

4 months to go!!!!

Where in the world has the time gone!?




I feel like I still have so much to do and I'm so anxious to get it all completed so that it's just done. I'm incredibly organized and like to have things planned out and done before hand so that I'm not so stressed as the time get closer. I wish that while I was in school I was like that with big papers and projects--but that was sooooo not the case. However, with other things, like moving/traveling/partying/etc. I like to be ahead of the game.

See, this will be the biggest party that I have ever hosted. The biggest thing that I have ever planned on my own and it frightens me that everything isn't going to be perfect. Wait, did I mention that I was a perfectionist as well? I am well aware that there will be snags on our wedding day and everything probably isn't going to go as planned, but that will be okay because some of those things (probably most) we won't have control over. The decorations, invitations, everything else that we can get done right now, we have control over now.

I see what you are thinking right now. That I am a major Type A. Not the case at all. Trust me, I don't mind standing in line (patiently) or driving slow the speed limit and I definitely can relax at any point in time. It's just part of my personality to be a perfectionist, which goes hand and hand with being a people pleaser.

Anyway, I know that the wedding will be beautiful and all I need to do is sit down and make a plan for the next couple months. Due dates, if you will, for things to be completed. Yea, there is that organization again...

This month we are:

- meeting with Savvi Formalwear for Jake's suit
- meeting with the owner/planner at the venue to make our menu (yum! and yay!)
- completing invitation wording/begin printing invitations

Not too bad.

I don't really have much to report on in our life other than the 4-month mark. Only 120 more days!! I've been working out regularly (yes! I can do this!) and Jake's work has changed their schedule and team structure yet again. Jake is back to being a team leader and having his own team as well as working an alternate 5-day/6-day work week. This means no more 4-day work week with 10-12 hour days!! Now all I have to do is find a job in which I work normal hours (8-5, or something along those lines) and life will be good again. I hate working an opposite schedule as Jake :(

Alrighty. That is all for now. I promise a Christmas post is coming soon :) Off to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. you CAN do this :) and let me know if you need any help or any resources...i'm happy to lend assistance! also, we are so in for a double date to fuji hana or wild wings...when can you go? maybe this week for two-for-tuesday wings? let me know (and i will ask bobby what works for him). see you tomorrow & excited about your breakfast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we do the double date next week? And I've been wanting to go to Wild Wings for awhile so that sounds perfect!! We haven't been in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...