How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Couponing Journey: An Update

The couponing journey continues on...



On Sunday Jake and I went to Publix to get their special double newspaper deal (and lunch!) so that I could get double the coupons. Let me tell you how tedious it is to cut out coupons... I didn't do it on Sunday because we were busy but I did it on Monday or Tuesday in between my tasks at work. I'm not sure I am digging buying 2 newspapers to cut coupons out of... A friend suggested that I date the coupon booklet and put it in an accordion folder and then clip the coupons that I need for grocery shopping. I'm at a loss of what would be easiest for me. Perhaps I should try it both ways? I mean, I like having the coupons already cut out for me when I make up my grocery list...

Anyway, so as I mentioned in my previous post about shopping at a SuperTarget to save money (I get 5% off my total purchase if I use my Target check card). Well, I finally got the chance to go grocery shopping this week and took the nice little drive to the closest SuperTarget to me.

Before I share my results, I'd like to preface my grocery total with the fact that there are 3-grown adults living in the house and I haven't been grocery shopping in 2-weeks which means that we were bare on just about everything. And, I have this awful sore on the roof of my mouth (it's like a blister--I got it from eating dry cereal ::rolls eyes::) so I had to get some Peroxyl, which was $10 alone (yuck!!). I also needed other household things (laundry softner, toothpaste, etc.) which makes a difference when I usually only buy groceries when grocery shopping. I refuse to buy anything other than groceries at the grocery store as everything is overpriced at the grocery store--the exception is Target :)

So, here is my savings:



Pretty impressive, huh? I realize that this is partially coupons, my 5% off, and in-store sales, but I was pretty excited about this!! I wish that I could have just done a regular shopping trip for our first trip (we would have probably spent only $100 for the week) and seen savings like that!! I'm trying to get it to be like that. I have this goal this year to learn how to coupon. Any advice or suggestions that you may have, I'm willing to listenread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...