How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homemade with Love

If you know me personally, you know that I enjoy cooking. I used to enjoy baking more than actual food cooking, but lately I've totally switched my mindset. I think it has a lot to do with E-Mealz and the fact that we are making yummy food instead of eating the same things all the time. Anyway, last year for Valentine's Day, Jake and I ordered a heart shaped pizza. It was good, but anything homemade is so much better. Especially pizza. So this year I set out to make my own heart shaped pizza :)

Last year's heart shaped pizza -- compliments to Papa John's.

This year's heart shaped pizza -- compliments to ME :)

Needless-to-say, the pizza was yummy. And maybe it's because the main ingredient is love. Okay, so that was corny, but it's true. I used premade pizza crust and cut up my own onions, tomatoes and green peppers, added some mini turkey pepperoni and put it in the oven for 15 or so minutes.

Jake also got me some Sweettarts and some baby roses (which I like more than regular roses) and we watched last week's Valentine's Day episode of Glee. It was a good night... this weekend we will find a Greek restaurant somewhere here in the ATL (anyone got suggestions??) to grab an official V-day dinner.

BTW, I am totally in love with my iPhone and the ability to get Groupon and Livingsocial updates via apps. I will write more about that tomorrow :) Let's just say that I am no longer a Groupon virgin :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...