How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Darn you Allergies

I never had allergies until I moved to Georgia. Or maybe I never noticed them until I moved to Georgia--either way, spring is a pretty miserable time for me. Especially as all the trees start blooming. I am one hot mess today--itchy, watery eyes, little bit of nasal drippage (okay, I'm sure you wanted to know that!) and just generally feeling a bit blah. Here is a little allergy report for today so you can see why I am miserable:


However, with all my allergy moaning and groaning -- spring is definitely my favorite time of the year. The grass is starting to green up and the trees are starting to bloom, especially the flowery ones. And on top of that, spring means that the wedding is that much closer. Jake and I are getting overly excited as things come together -- my dress is in, the bridesmaid dresses are in, the suits are picked out, invitations will go out March 12th, projects are coming together (as ideas in my head...) and our menu is all picked out. PLUS, I will have my first bridal shower on April 2nd in Florida with all my Florida family :) Totally excited about that!!

So, have I told you that I took a spinning class at the gym? OMG. I love it.


I'm not normally a class person for working out, but I think that I am addicted to spinning. It is hard and challenging and exhausting (and my booty hurts a bit from the seat--but I hear that will pass) and makes me sweat and work harder than anything else I do at the gym. And that's a goodgreat thing!! Definitely am trying to make a spin class a couple days a week--at least until I find a regular job with regular hours. As much as I would miss going to the gym whenever in the morning, I really miss spending time with Jake in the evenings and having control over my own life. Someday I will explain.

I haven't lost any weight (okay, I've lost like maybe 3lbs) since really starting to work out in September/November, but I have noticed a different in my body. I am toner and I have more energy and I just feel stronger. I would love to see the weight coming off too--but my problem is not eating right all the time for that to happen. I've really got to get serious and start counting calories (actually, start really following Weight Watchers) and then I am sure that I will start seeing the pounds come off. But really, I had a coming to Jesus moment at the gym a couple weeks ago that I am not necessarily doing this to lose the weight but to be healthy. If I am healthy and strong, then my chances for genetic things like breast cancer and diabetes and other things go down. I'll get to my goal weight eventually... I just have to have that coming to Jesus moment about food now too.

Anyway, more later. I must go pick up one of the kids from his after-school activity. ::sigh:: I want my own family; not a pseudo family. In due time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...