How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God Never Blinks: Life Lesson #2

I am sorry that I have been a horrible blogger as of late. I promise to try to get better at it but with all the wedding planning, I've been taking my "me-time" very seriously. Which basically means that I've been lazy when I can be :P I know it doesn't take much to get on here and write up a blog post, but I just haven't really been feeling it. On top of wedding planning, Jake and I are trying to find a house/townhome/home to rent after the wedding (yes, fate has put us in the position of needing to find a place to live after our apartment lease is up around the same time as the wedding--talk about adding more stress to my plate...). Anyway, we think that we have found the perfect place, but we are praying about it and asking for God's guidance in our decision.

Here are our requirements:
- a garage
- a yard (preferably fenced in for Diesel)
- 3 bedrooms
- somewhere that will allow us to bring our pets (which is a lot harder than you think!! People don't want pets in the homes they are renting out)
- somewhere in the same-ish (yea, I just said that) area that we live in now

Yea. You may be wondering why we aren't buying a house instead. Welp, we just wouldn't qualify for a loan right now and on top of that, we don't have anything for a down-payment. So, here we are, looking for a place to rent with all the home qualities that we would look for if we were buying a house. Right now we're just taking everything with baby steps and hoping that God helps us find a home that is perfect for us.

Did I mention that invitations went out? Yep. Monday. And we've already got 5 RSVPs. Can it stay this easy?? Probably not. Jake and I will still probably have to hunt down people to see if they are coming or not, but right now we are hoping that it's a piece of cake. Actually, I'm praying that it is!! Getting close to the 50-day mark!! As it gets closer I keep getting more excited. I mean, I didn't think that it was even possible to be more excited than I already was. But I am :)

Anyway, on to Life Lesson #2.

When in doubt, just take the next right step.

Oy vey. We all have had moments of regrets. Actually, I personally don't believe in regrets. I believe in mistakes and the power of learning from those mistakes and moving forward. Which I think is what Regina Brett is talking about here. I wanted to lose the 30lbs (and then some) that I gained back in grad school. What did I do? I joined a local gym and actually started to use my membership regularly. And guess what, eating right followed shortly behind that. And then guess what, I am losing 1 stinking pound at a time. It's not a race, right? It's all about being healthy and treating the body that God gave me with respect, right? That is what this journey is about for me. So, when in doubt, just take the next right step. For me, this was joining a gym that I love (who actually says that!?) and actually using it. And then everything else sort of fell into place after that.

How about you? Tell me what Life Lesson #2 means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...