How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God Never Blinks: Life Lesson #7

Life Lesson #7:

Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.



Okay. I don't know about you, but I hate crying in front of people. First off, crying can get ugly (yes, I said it) and second, it shows that you are vulnerable. And I only let the people closest to me see me at my most vulnerable. Mostly this is Jake.

Sometimes I just need a good cry. Alone. This usually involves a nice soak in the bathtub and a glass of wine. And then everything is right in the world again.

Sometimes though, I need a good cry with Jake holding me. And everything is really great in the world again.

Seriously. I had a mental breakdown the other night when Jake and I were going to bed. It's a combination of nerves and everything changing all at once. A new job? Getting married? Planning all this at once? I know God has great plans for me and He knows that I can do it, but I feel so gosh darn weak sometimes. And it's hard to stay sane trying to get everything together for the wedding and keeping the household together and working. Add changing jobs in the middle of all that and you've got a mental breakdown just stewing. And why is it that during wedding planning, especially the last couple months that you start to fight more with your spouse-to-be?? I know it's just the stress and nerves and everything else that goes along with that. But knowing that doesn't make it easier or shield us from taking our stress out on each other.

Anyway, the mental breakdown really helped. And it helped to have Jake there to hold me and listen and just talk through it. Oh and it was an ugly cry too :p

Oh. And I cry every. single. week. during The Biggest Loser. And during most other shows I watch when things get emotional. I'm an emotional person... I am sure I will be a hot mess at our wedding...

I have no questions for this one. Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...