How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God Never Blinks: Life Lesson #8

Life Lesson #8:

It's okay to get angry with God. He can take it.


I don't have much to say about this one. I've had a few moments where I have been upset with God because I wasn't getting my way or I felt like he wasn't helping me. But months later (in most cases) I have learned that it is because He has a plan for me and I can't control the lessons he is throwing at me.

The key thing here: I wasn't getting my way. I had to stop doing that and thinking like that. I am not in control of my life. And guess what, when I stop trying to control my life and just let God guide me, great things happen.

You need examples? Here you go, here is mine:

After graduating last May with my MSW degree, I was having a hard time finding a job. Seriously, I was applying for at least 20-30 jobs a week. No interviews. Nothing. I spent 4.5 months after graduation (that doesn't include the months before graduation) applying for jobs and searching for something. When I threw my hands up in the air and asked God for guidance--I landed a job. It wasn't in my field and I was just nannying, but I got a job. 


Have you ever been angry with God? What was your experience? Did you still feel God present in your life? What about if/when you let God guide you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...