How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good-bye dear, sweet weekend.

So I failed to update the last couple days. It was partially busy-ness and partially laziness. It's been an exhausting weekend and I think my body is fighting something off which is making me even more tired--I think that the weather going from being beautiful to cold and rainy is causing my sinuses/allergies to go nutso. We'll see. I don't want to get sick as I just can't slow down right now...

This week the bridesmaid dresses came in. And oh boy, they are beautiful. I am glad that I went with a lighter color green--I know that if I went with a darker color green I would have been super unhappy about it and regretted it. But the color I went with matches our invitations and it is a great spring color. I went with 2 of my bridesmaids on Saturday to pick up their dresses :) They are all going to be gorgeous!!

Also, I had to pick up paper to print out the maps that I designed for the wedding. Regular paper just wasn't cutting it so I had to get some thicker paper. I am so proud of the way they turned out. I printed them and Jake cut them down. I'm getting together with some girlfriends this weekend to put the invitations together and mailed out by next Monday. I mean, seriously, can you believe that!? It is already that time!!

Tuesday will be the 2-month mark. If it's possible to get even more excited as each day passes, that is how I am feeling. And I know Jake is feeling the same way--we keep looking at each other and saying, "omg, we are getting married soon". We have that giddy smile on our faces when we say it and sometimes I even add in a little "eek" or squeal of excitement.

I know, we're dorks. But that is okay :)

This weekend consisted of random things--me babysitting, Jake steam cleaning the carpets, breakfast with my girlfriends (the "breakfast club") and bible study. It was a pretty packed weekend and I am ready for bed. Tomorrow, I promise, I will update with Life Lessons #2-5 for you all since I was busy all weekend. Until then, goodnight and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...