How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

... and so have my allergies.

I swear to you I wouldn't normally complain about them but they are awful this year. I don't know if it's because at this time last year it wasn't nearly this warm yet or if it's just because I'm one of those types of people that as I get older I get allergies. Growing up, I never had allergies. No, that was my brother--for heaven's sake the poor guy would break out in hives if someone just mowed the grass!! I think it's Georgia. I hear the good 'ole GA is one of the worst places to live if you have allergies. And, believe it or not, every year since I moved here, my allergies have progressively getting worse.

So... early spring + Georgia + high allergen counts in the air + getting older and developing allergies =  one miserable girl.

And I do take an allergy pill each day. I'm pushing through though. I will not let itchy eyes, a runny nose and a morning allergy-induced cough get me down.

Wholey moley!! I do love spring though!! Everything is blooming and the trees are starting to become green again and it's getting me super excited about the wedding. Yea, did I mention that it is 43 days away. I mean, we're almost a month away here!! Eek. ::insert freak out here:: I am going to be soooooooo busy for the next month getting everything together. It's insane and unbelievable to me that it's finally here (almost). It's literally right around the corner.

Jake is just as excited about me :) This is what I love about him (among many other things!)--he is just as excited about getting married as me. And he is so gosh darn cute about it. Randomly he'll ask me what the countdown is at. And I'll look at him and go "Oh, I don't know. I haven't checked in a couple days. Let me look." And this is where we both know that I really do know what the countdown is at. And it never fails to amaze us at the number that we are at.

Anyway, I'm not linking up to anyone this week but I am going to write 5 things that I am thankful for. So here goes:


  1. The wedding being paid off. Yes, at the end of this month, it will be completely paid off. Well, except for hair and make-up. These love-birds are not going into debt to get married!!
  2. A new job!! I am excited that I can finally put this on here. I am officially going to be a social worker in the field!! Woohoo. It only took me almost a year to find a job in social work [Isn't that reassuring to all the new social work graduates out there??]
  3. My body. If you know me, you know I am not a runner at all. I complain if I have to do it. But this week I had a bit of a flashback to junior high/high school (9th grade was at the junior high school but was considered high school)--I was in gym class and we were required to run around the track at school. Seriously, it's a quarter mile. Anyone should be able to run that, right?? Ha, not me. I couldn't even make it around the first bend. (trust me, I am not proud to be writing this right now.) I have no idea where the flashback came from, but I got it in my head that I was going to run that quarter mile at the gym. So, I got on the treadmill and ran a quarter mile. I know that isn't much, but it was a lot for me. I can get on the elliptical and do about 2 miles in 20-30 minutes. But running is a whole other story. I am going to continue it until I can ran half a mile, and then 3/4 of a mile, and then a whole mile. My body is strong and can do it. Eventually.
  4. Waking up to love notes on the mirror in our bathroom <3 How sweet is my fiance?
  5. Spring. Yea, we have a love-hate relationship. I love spring. It feels fresh and new and brighter. And my favorite flower starts popping up [the tulip if any of you were wondering]. Plus warmer weather. yes, please. Allergies, not so much. But I will survive.
Alright. I am signing off for now. I have a pilemountain of sheets to wash at work. Have I mentioned how much I am going to love not taking care of two households?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...