How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wholey Moley

Jake and I are into the 30s for our wedding countdown. (Really, it's just 39, but still! 39 more days!? Where has the last 19 months gone!?)

Wholey moley!!


I mean, it's just creeping right up on us. I feel like I have sooooooooo much to do still this month. I have a few things crossed off the list, and a good handful of things are things that just have to be ordered, but I am seriously feeling the pressure to get things done.

Originally, Jake and I were going to do our own centerpieces. But honestly, I'm pretty much done with all things wedding related. I'm not done in the sense that things are complete. But I am just ready to be married and done with all the wedding planning. I loved planning our wedding. And I'm lucky that Jake has been a huge help through it all and really involved. But, I am ready to not have to look at wedding magazines or websites or anything else for a really long time (like, when I'm helping my own kids plan their wedding(s)). I mean, by the time Jake and I get married we will have been engaged for 20-months. And, although I was in grad school and was very focused on my studies, I will admit that wedding planning sometimes seeped into my life while in grad school. I mean, we had to get an idea of how much everything was going to cost so we could plan for all that!!

Anyway, our wedding is going to be awesome. And beautiful. And it's going to be the most amazing day of mine and Jake's lives. We are both looking forward to spending it with our friends and family and partying the evening away.



Other than wedding stuff, Jake and I really have nothing big going on. We went on a date night last night for some yummy sushi and really got to spend some time together. I can't wait to start my new job and really be able to make my own schedule--I honestly thought that we were not going to make it since I didn't get off of work until 8:30pm. Granted, I don't tell the family when I want to leave early since I don't have to be to work until like 2:30pm so I can't really complain, but still. Jake and I never do date nights anymore because my work schedule is so unpredictable and I work so late.

I really should start taking pictures of things while we are out and about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...