How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cork & Canvas - My Birthday Celebration

Since we were out of town for my birthday (on our honeymoon), I decided to try and plan something with my friends here at home to celebrate. Normally I don't celebrate my birthday, but this year I really wanted to :) I decided that I wanted to go to Cork and Canvas. Basically, you go in on a day that you like a picture (or just reserve your spot for anytime) and the instructor/owner, Robin, walks you through the process to paint the picture. It was sooooooo much fun and I will definitely be going back.

It was so therapeutic, which is pretty important to me, especially in my field of work: social work/therapy. It was so relaxing (maybe it was the wine?) and I wasn't thinking about anything other than trying to get my picture right. I was so in the moment. It was awesome.

Here are some photos:



Did I mention that Jake came with me? He's such a sweet husband <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...