How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Health Concerns

I feel like such a bad blogger... I haven't updated regularly in awhile. I wish that I could say that I'm busy, but that just hasn't been the complete case. Work is kicking off and I'm thisclose to having a full-time caseload (and it's making me shake in my boots. Okay, I'm not wearing boots, but you get the idea.) but I've been battling some health issues. The last night of our honeymoon, I ended up not hugging my husband, but hugging the toilet. Not exactly the way that I wanted to end our honeymoon. I was super sure that we would have to spend one more day/night in Florida because there was no way that I was going to get into the car for a 6-8 hour car ride if I was going to be sick the entire time. Luckily, it wasn't that bad, but I spent the next 3 weeks feeling pretty crummy.

I do have the say, that the one thing that has changed since Jake and I got married is that I finally have health insurance. Such a luxury!! The docs haven't found out what is wrong with me yet, although, I am much better in comparison to 2 weeks ago but through some blood work, I was referred to an endocrinologist (thyroid doc). My T4 levels are low which they are telling me means I may have hyperthyroidism. Which to me is a complete hoot!! I mean, I clearly have a weight problem. I clearly have trouble losing weight (I was trying really hard before the wedding and I lost maybe a pound...) and could stand to lose about 50-70lbs. Anyway, I've been waiting 3-weeks to get into the endocrinologist to see what the heck is going on and haven't really been feeling like myself. At this point, I don't care what it is, I just want to figure it out so that I can start working on making it better. One of the last times that I went to the doc, they felt a lump on my thyroid which I'm hoping is nothing but since thyroid problems run in my family and my cousin had her thyroid removed (she is doing great!) because of thyroid cancer, I am a little concerned. However, what I do know is that I am prepared to fight whatever it is and get through it.

The one thing that keeps going through my head though is why God is testing me right now. Actually, why God is testing Jake and I right now. So soon after getting married we are battling health problems and it certainly has been difficult. Not I-want-to-end-this-difficult, but just difficult. We are supposed to be newlyweds and enjoying this time as newlyweds and we've barely been able to enjoy it. I do have to say though, Jake has been super patient and understanding and loving. I don't know how I got so incredibly lucky to find such an amazing man. Jake told me the other day that God is testing us because He wants to make sure that we can make it. In sickness and health, right?? I'm slowly starting to heal and feel more like myself every day, but it's taking a lot of time. We've spent a lot of time praying for answers and better health and our prayers are slowly getting answered.

Welp. I have much to get done today. My mom is coming into town for some visiting and I still have some cleaning to do and have to get some work stuff done. Have I mentioned how much I do not like working from home?? Some other day!! Hope you all have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I know you've gotta be so frustrated with everything. When you get better, you will never take your healthy days for granted again, like so many of us do daily. God has a plan, even though it doesn't feel like it. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...