How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday - 09/01/11


Top 10 Things I am Thankful for this Week:

1.
Starting to feel better. Even though I have had some crappy days this week, I have been feeling better since being put on an anti-thyroid medication. It's been a lot of ups and downs. Seriously, fatigue doesn't even begin to describe how I feel during a down.

2.
Family. And Friends. It's hard to imagine who will be there for you when you are at your worst. Being sick helps define who will be there no.matter.what.

3.
A wonderful husband who has supported me through the whirlwind of health stuff for the past 3-months and been patience with my constant ups and downs. Seriously, he's amazing. I am so lucky.

4.
September finally being here. Hopefully cooler weather is right around the corner. Plus, it's Jake's birthday month & we get to see Wicked at the end of the month.

5.
Allergy eye drops. Seriously, I get the worst allergies in my eyes during "allergy season" (which in the ATL seems to be all spring/summer/fall). The eye drops make it possible to wear my contacts--because I hate wearing my glasses.

6.
Good books. I just finished The Hunger Games series and loved it!! I'm finding it hard to get into my next book: There's Cake In My Future (which has been good so far too...) because I enjoyed them so much. Cannot wait for The Hunger Games movie!!!

7.
Country music. It helps me get through the stressful times in my life. And it's all I can listen to right now because of everything that is going on.

8.
Being able to finally register for my LMSW exam. Well, I sent in my paperwork and am waiting for the state board to approve it. But, I finally got it sent it in. Now, just to come up with the other $230 to actually register for the test when I am approved...

9.
My kitty, Rascal. He is the sweetest kitty and when I am having a bad day he hangs around me all day. Which helps me feel at least relaxed.

10.
Finding peace and strength in letting people go that don't want to care about me.

6 comments:

  1. hi! visiting from thankful thursdays! you have a cute blog!!
    i have allergies right now too ugh! i read the hunger games books too, love them! i am glad september is here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list & rascal is a cutie! so happy you're on the mend! we would LOVE to see you two again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying not to be too jealous that you are going to see Wicked. I really would like to go one day.
    Visiting from Thankful Thursday @www.martinmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thankfuls. So glad that you are feeling better. I feel you on Sept. being here! :) Oh and I love the thankful photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the recent marriage if i haven't said so already ; )

    i love the picture you took!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...