How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Monday, September 12, 2011

Weight Loss Journey

I have decided that despite my thyroid problems right now, I am going to attempt to lose weight. I'm hoping that this won't get me too frustrated and discouraged, but it's also so that I can start eating better and retrain my body to get fuel off of good foods. It's not even that I eat horribly right now but I could make some healthier choices and cut out some of the crapola that I eat. So basically I'm going to kind of start making better decisions during every meal and even when we go out to dinner. When we go out to eat I always make sure I get something yummy without thinking about how good it is for me because, well, I want something yummy. I do have to say though that we usually never get appetizers and we usually never get dessert.

Anyway, like the first time I lost weight in undergrad, I did a lot of "preparing" myself for eating right and starting to exercise. I like to research and just get prepared and then jumped right into being healthy. Which is what I've been doing... I guess I'm sort of "slow to warm up" and really had to be into it with my heart and head to really jump in. But, I'm ready now. ::yay:: I stumbled across this website over the weekend and am in love with all the healthy food choices and how it seems like she still eats. I probably have a few years on her and it will probably take me a lot longer to lose weight since I cannot work out right now and my thyroid is all sorts of messed up at the moment. But if I start making healthy choices and being mindful of what I am eating then hopefully when I am healthy again, the weight will start slipping off. I am hoping to be 20lbs lighter by Christmas. And by this time next year, I hope to be to my goal weight.

I'm not going to use this entry to reveal my weight loss goals and what I weigh, but I am going to say that I am going to make this public--exact weight, pictures of progress, everything. I want to be honest and I want accountability. Call me crazy if you want, but I think that this is what will work for me. I'm putting it all out there. It's time to hold myself accountable for what I do to my body. I have to learn how to love my body again. I have to learn how to love myself again. And this is how I'm going to do it.

I'm tired of being "fat". I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time emotionally and physically. I'm going to be honest, open and start working on improving myself. I will reach my goal weight before I am 30 :) So here it is and where about I am starting from. Let's do this!!


There are no words to describe how mad these picture make me feel. More sad than mad really. I get so upset with myself for working so hard to lose the weight after high school (braces and working at Target helped with that though too) and then gaining it all back in grad school. It doesn't help that I have thyroid problems as well but I am hoping to get that under control soon as well.


Stay tuned next week for an update on where I am now and what I plan on doing :) I'm going to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...