How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy New Year!

We have finally been able to leave 2011 in our dust!! ugh, what a crap-tastic year! I'm determined to make 2012 my year. I have lost 7 months this year due to being sick--first my thyroid and now my gallbladder (no, you didn't miss a post, I just haven't updated in awhile...). After my partial thyroidectomy and tonsillectomy, I am feeling better, but I'd say only about 70% better. My pesky little gallbladder is causing all sorts of havoc now too... but more on that later.

In 2012:

  • I will be healthy
  • I will reach my goal weight
  • I will continue to be a good wife to Jake
  • I will spend more time with God
  • Jake and I will take a good vacation that won't result in me hovering around the toilet the last day/night of the vacation (honeymoon)
  • Jake and I will see more family
  • I will be able to work full-time, even though it'll be difficult at first
  • We will save money
I hated 2011. It was supposed to be a good year because Jake and I finally got married, and that was an amazing and awesome part of the year. But right after that I got sick and everything has been about my health. And I haven't been able to do a lot of things because of it... everything we did took extra effort for me because I was always so exhausted. Thyroid problems are no joke. Seriously, everything is affected. But 2012 will be a good year. I am determined.

In 2011, I:
  • Married my high school sweetheart & love of my life
  • Lost 2.5 organs
  • Found out my mom doesn't carry the breast cancer genes
  • Shared Atlanta with some of my family when they were in town for the wedding
  • Secured my first big-girl job as a therapist
  • Made new friends
  • Put my trust in God
All in all, there were some great things that happened in 2011... it just was overall a pretty yucky year. 2012 will be better [after this cold leaves me and I get everything figured out with my heart] and I am determined to become strong, happy and healthy this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...