How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Starting 2012 with a Positive Attitude

Gosh, this year was difficult. I had my tonsils removed, half of my thyroid removed, and my gallbladder removed. All in a matter of a month. And it took 7-months to get everything figured out. And then there is the whole situation of my mom being diagnosed with breast cancer again... Yea, I think it's safe to say that I hated 2011.

While I feel like my health problems this year have taken over everything (and how could they not have when I have been feeling like crap), I have had some pretty awesome times as well. Jake and I finally got married and threw the wedding without having to put it on credit (relief!!). I started my first "big-girl" job as a therapist. We did some traveling this year and actually went to Stone Mountain Park here in the ATL for the first time (and we've lived here since 2007!!).

It's really quite simple what I am hoping for next year:
  • Good health for me and my mom
  • For Jake and I to continue to grow in our relationship
  • To focus on being healthy -- eating right, exercising, etc.
  • To spend more time with God (I'm going to keep a prayer journal)
I am hoping that 2012 is much better for my family and I. Jake could really use the decrease in stress, and I could really use my health to be "normal" again. I want to be able to work out again. I want to be able to get skinny again. And I want to be happy again.

Here are some pics from our year:

Snowapocalypse Jan. 2011 - This snowfall shut down the entire state (basically) for about a week with yucky icy conditions.

Bridal shower in FL

Bridal Shower in ATL

Professional Engagement pics
Credit to Sarah Tunstall Photography

On May 8th, Jake and I finally got married!! eek :)

Our honeymoon in Orlando, FL.
And this is my 26th birthday.
Tacky Sweater party


Christmas Eve - Going to Christmas service at Church.

Here is to many more years for Jake and I. And lots of good things to happen in 2012. We definitely deserve some happy times after all that we have been through. I hope all my followers have a wonderful NYE and stay safe! I will see you all in THE NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...