How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.--Stephen Covey

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh, so I haven't updated in awhile?

I know, I know. I haven't updated in awhile.

I've been busy.

Let's see, what have Jake and I been up to?

Well, I quit my job and started a new one. And I've been so much happier!! I loved what I was doing, but it was very stressful and spilling into my personal life (how could it not have when my office was my home) and Jake and I talked about it and decided that it wasn't healthy for me or us. So, I've gone back to started a nanny job with a family that I have known since about 2007/2008. Super sweet family and I am excited to be a part of their life other than date nights.

Jake and I were approved to lease-to-own a town home. We'll be moving on out of apartment living (thank goodness!!) and into our very first home together. SUPER EXCITED. Seriously, I'll finally have somewhere to decorate and make into a home. I feel like apartments are so temporary that they just never feel like home. The townhome is about 5-7 miles north of us, has 3-bedrooms and 2.5 baths, and a small fenced in yard for Diesel and a one-car garage for Jake. Essentially we'll lease it for 3 years and then purchase it. It has room to grow and we know that we can make it work, even if we have more than one kid. We'll be moving at the beginning of July!!

Weightloss is going okay. I really need to increase my working out time as well as really logging my foods so that I can get the ultimate most out of my weightloss. Now that I know what is going on with my body (PCOS), I should be more focused to eat less carbs and junk. But, it's hard. The 2-weeks of The South Beach Diet were easy for me but keeping the carbs and junk out now (especially sweets) is super hard for me now that I know that I can eat them. I shouldn't, but I do. It's a hard addiction. I did go to see my endocrinologist last week and the scale said that I lose 5lbs since the last time I was there--which I always think is a huge feat because the scale at the docs is always so fickle and usually adds weight. It was super nice to see.

This week I was placed on Synthroid. Actually, this morning was my first morning taking it. Apparently after 4-months after surgery my thyroid has decided to start going from "normal" ranges to "low" ranges. Hopefully it will help with my energy level and everything else. I have had an increased sensitivity to cold, dry skin, hair loss, and more tiredness/less energy lately.

Other than that, everything is just moving along.

For all of my followers, friends and family out there that read this, please keep Jake's mom in your prayers. She has a mass in her abdomen and sees a surgeon tomorrow to determine a surgery date to get it removed. So far it does not seem to be cancerous and we are praying that it is not.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! Adorable blog. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. We actually got the idea for our entertainment center from over here:

    http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2011/03/built-in-beauty.html

    We didn't mount it to the wall but you could. Also since we moved out the center bookcases to make it look nicer it left a lot of free space in the back for cords to go wherever.
    Hope that helps at all!
    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for replying! And the link :) I think that we are definitely going to make the entertainment center for our new townhome and are really excited about it! I'll definitely post pictures.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...